In 1959, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gave its approval for short-term usage of up to 12 weeks for adults. The stimulant phentermine is available with a prescription. Phentermine is regarded as a controlled substance due to the possibility of dependence when taking it. It shares chemical similarities with the stimulant amphetamine, another controlled substance.
What is phentermine 37.5 mg good for?
It is generally accepted to treat obesity quickly with the prescription drug phentermine 37.5 mg. It is used as an important component of a complete weight loss strategy that also involves physical activity, a low-calorie diet, and behavioral adjustments. In order to reduce hunger and encourage a sense of fullness, phentermine, which is categorized as an appetite suppressant, acts by influencing specific parts of the central nervous system. For people with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above, or those with a BMI of 27 or higher and at least one weight-related medical problem such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol. Phentermine 37.5 mg is only recommended for those who meet these criteria.
How many mg of phentermine is safe?
The recommended safe phentermine dosage may change depending on a person’s health, medical history, and response to treatment, among other things. Usually, phentermine comes in doses between 15 mg and 37.5 mg. The most often prescribed dosage for most individuals is 37.5 mg of phentermine once daily, either before breakfast or shortly after waking up. This dosage is frequently applied to the short-term management of obesity as a component of an all-inclusive weight loss strategy.
To find the right dosage of phentermine for your unique situation, always seek the advice of a medical specialist. It is crucial to stress that phentermine must only be used under the guidance of a trained healthcare professional who will take into account your medical history, present health, and any possible drug interactions you may be taking. Phentermine abuse and dose overuse can have negative consequences and pose health risks.
What is the maximum weight loss on phentermine?
The maximum amount of weight loss that can be achieved with phentermine depends on a number of variables, including each person’s metabolism, adherence to a balanced diet, regular exercise habits, and dietary and lifestyle changes. While using phentermine, some people might lose a lot of weight, while others might just lose a little.
According to research, persons who use phentermine as part of a thorough weight loss program typically lose between 5 and 10% of their starting weight over the course of several months. For instance, a weight decrease of 5–10% would equal 10–20 pounds for a 200-pound person. The highest amount of weight loss that can be achieved with phentermine will depend on characteristics that are specific to each individual. Individual outcomes may vary.
How does phentermine work for weight loss?
In order to help with weight loss, phentermine suppresses hunger. It has an impact on specific regions of the central nervous system, most notably the hypothalamus, which is essential for managing appetite and maintaining a healthy energy balance. Here is how phentermine helps people lose weight:
- Appetite Suppression: Phentermine enhances the release of neurotransmitters in the brain such as norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine. These neurotransmitters support the reduction of hunger and appetite.
- Energy Expenditure Increased: Phentermine also enhances the release of norepinephrine, which can raise metabolic rate and energy expenditure. As a result, you might burn more calories all day long.
- Increased fullness: The drug may also affect the release of serotonin, which is linked to feelings of fullness and wellbeing. Even if you only eat smaller servings of food, this may help you feel full.
- Behavioral Modification: By lessening the intensity of cravings and overeating, the drug can assist people in sticking to their diet and exercise routines.
How long is it safe to take phentermine?
Only short-term (less than 12 weeks) usage of phentermine alone is permitted. The precise time frame may vary, but it’s significant to remember that phentermine use over an extended period of time is not advised. However, there are new combinations of phentermine and other drugs that might be safe to take for a longer duration. Please consult your pharmacist or a healthcare professional if you have any queries about phentermine. Long-term use could result in decreased efficacy, potential reliance, and a higher chance of negative effects.
What is the best time to take phentermine?
In general, taking Phentermine right when you wake up is the best way. Many patients take half of their medication just before breakfast and the other half right before lunch. As a result, the drug is administered throughout the day more evenly and has time to take effect in the late afternoon, when many people experience their worst cravings. The likelihood that phentermine will keep you awake increases with how soon before bedtime you take it. Phentermine should not be taken less than 8 hours before going to bed.
How long does phentermine 37.5 last?
Phentermine 37.5 mg is frequently taken once daily due to its very brief duration of action. It takes a while for phentermine to work. Although it reaches its peak appetite-suppressing impact after an hour or two, it typically keeps working for 6 to 8 hours or longer. The medicine must be totally removed from the body for more than 24 hours. It may be easier to stick to a low-calorie diet with this dose schedule because it provides for better hunger suppression during awake hours.
How to take phentermine 37.5 for best results?
- Follow Prescription Directions: Take phentermine precisely as directed by your doctor.
- Time and dosage: Usually taken once a day, in the morning or early afternoon.
- Empty Stomach: Take phentermine at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal on an empty stomach.
- Hydration: Stay hydrated throughout the day by drinking plenty of water.
- Healthy Eating: Follow a calorie-reduced, well-balanced diet that includes lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise frequently, using both cardio and strength training.
- Mindful Eating: Eat slowly and with awareness of hunger and fullness cues.
- Avoid Alcohol: Limit or refrain from drinking alcohol while on phentermine.
- Sleep: Make getting enough sleep a priority, aiming for 7-9 hours every night.
- Regular Check-Ins: Keep your doctor’s appointments so that you can discuss any changes to your development.
- Short-Term Use: Follow your provider’s instructions when using phentermine for the suggested short period of time.
- Professional Consultation: For specialized help, speak with a licensed dietician or healthcare professional.